My Guide Website?
Port of Spain by Night: Steelpan Yards Tour1 Reviews
Visit the authentic pan yards where the famous steel bands practice and experience live steel drum music in its birthplace. The panyard hopping carries you around the city, where you can take street food and explore the busy night strips.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Trinidad and Tobago:If youʻre booking your trip to Trinidad and Tobago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Port of Spain: Caroni Bird Sanctuary by Boat
- Port of Spain and Fort George Sightseeing Tour
- Maracas: Day Trip to Maracas Beach from Port of Spain
- Trinidad: Pitch Lake and Chaguanas Sightseeing Tour
- Trinidad & Tobago: Rainforest Hike to Avocat Waterfall
- Enjoy live music performed on steel drums - invented in Trinidad
- See professional musicians practicing
- Explore street food vendors and outdoor bars to finish the evening
- Listen to instruments originally made from oil drums to play Calypso
- Enjoy easy transportation between the panyards and most hotels
DescriptionExplore the Port of Spain after dark as you venture to the steelpan yards, where the sounds of steel drums chime in a chromatic harmony synonymous with the Caribbean. Afterward, hang around to eat local cuisine on the Avenue and party through the morning hours. Get picked up from your hotel in the evening and drive around the Port of Spain to experience the variety of steelpan yards, popular practice areas for steel drum bands. As skilled musicians strike these hollowed-out oil drums like gongs, distinctly tropical pitches resonate to form the building blocks for Calypso or even intricate classical compositions. Follow up with a chance to hop out onto the Avenue, a lively night strip serving up local food and beverages from outdoor venues. With such a wide range of choices, you're sure to find something to suit your appetite as you soak up the nighttime atmosphere before returning to your hotel.
IncludesTour of steel drum practice yards Round-trip transportation to and from centrally-located Port of Spain hotels
- Children 14 years and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
- You must be 18 years or older to visit the outdoor bars. Children 17 years and younger may return to the hotel after the steel drum tour
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
- Hotel pick-up is available from centrally-located Port of Spain hotels
- Gratuity is not included and is left to the individual's discretion