My Guide Website?
Trinidad & Tobago: Asa Wright Nature Centre & Bird Sanctuary
Enjoy a guided tour like no other and visit the Asa Wright Nature Centre & Bird Sanctuary. Take a mesmerizing stroll through 200-acres of lush green rainforest whilst admiring the vast amount of birdlife and other small animals.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Trinidad and Tobago:If youʻre booking your trip to Trinidad and Tobago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a tour perfect for birds & nature enthusiasts
- Marvel at views of the Port of Spain & the Gulf of Paria
- Spot birdlife at the Asa Wright Centre
- See the Northern Range mountains along a scenic drive
DescriptionStart your tour from your hotel in the Port of Spain where your friendly driver will meet you. After a short meet and greet you will set off on your drive for the sanctuary. Along the way, you will visit some well-known lookouts and get a picturesque view of the Port of Spain and visit the Gulf of Paria at the Lady Young lookout. Get the chance to admire the majestic Northern Range mountains before the drive takes you along a narrow road through the rainforest. Begin your bird discovery tour once you get to the Asa Wright Nature Centre, a 200-acre (80-ha) bird sanctuary in the middle of the rainforest. Spot tons of Hummingbirds feeding in a historic veranda and take a walk through the forest to discover a number of tropical species. Once at the nature center, visit the historic plantation house and hang out on its open veranda, where you can watch hummingbirds coming right up to the deck from hanging containers. Watch for Tegu lizards and Agouti as they hunt for scraps beneath the bird feeders. Next, go on a walk through the forest to learn about medicinal herbs, exotic birds, and the history of the nature center. At the end of the tour, you get a chance to stop at a fresh produce market as you drive along the scenic route back to your accommodation.
IncludesGuided nature sanctuary tour Entrance fee Bottled water Lunch as Asa Wright Round trip transportation to and from most central Port of Spain hotels
- Children 12 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
- At least 2-people are required for this activity to take place • You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Port of Spain hotels
- This activity operates in most weather conditions
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes